Distribute - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- distribute or disperse widely (syn: spread)
- make available
- give to several people
- cause to be distributed (syn: circulate)
- cause to become widely known (syn: broadcast, circularise, circularize, circulate, diffuse, disperse, disseminate, propagate, spread)
- spread throughout a given area
- be mathematically distributive
- to arrange in a systematic order
...distribute the assignments according to seniority...
...committed to distributing the school's limited scholarship money so that it benefits more students...
The books will be distributed free to local schools.
The money that has been collected will be distributed among all the children's hospitals in the area.
The wreck of the crashed plane was distributed over a wide area.
The Life Guards were then distributed into three troops.
The proposition "all men are mortal" distributes "man" but not "mortal".
The publisher wants to distribute the book in Asia
the function distributes the values evenly
...the company hires college students to work the phones and distribute leaflets for its clients...
She recruited four friends to distribute food to the homeless with her.
Could you distribute copies well in advance of the meeting?
Please do not cite, quote, or distribute without the author's permission.
present participle: distributing
past tense: distributed
past participle: distributed