Office - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- an administrative unit of government (syn: agency, authority, bureau)
- the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group (syn: function, part, role)
- (of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power (syn: power)
- professional or clerical workers in an office
- a religious rite or service prescribed by ecclesiastical authorities
- a job in an organization (syn: berth, billet, place, position, post, situation, spot)
She works at our Chicago office.
Are you going to the office today?
The supervisor held an informal meeting in his office.
Her office is on the top floor near the elevator.
He misbehaved in class and was sent to the principal's office.
We use the extra bedroom in our house as an office.
We stopped by the lawyer's office to pick up some documents.
He has been in office for a decade.
He was voted out of office.
He won the election and will take office at the beginning of the year.
It is my office to open the mail.
She works at our office.
The department occupies an office just a mile from the White House.
The head office is in Edinburgh.
Did you go to the office (=the office where you work) today?