Point - definition, pronunciation, transcription
he missed the point of the joke
life has lost its point
- an instant of time
a touchdown counts 6 points
- an outstanding characteristic (syn: spot)
he broke the point of his pencil
- one percent of the total principal of a loan; it is paid at the time the loan is made and is independent of the interest on the loan
- a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations (syn: period, stop)
- a V-shaped mark at one end of an arrow pointer (syn: head)
- the property of a shape that tapers to a sharp tip
- a distinguishing or individuating characteristic
- a contact in the distributor; as the rotor turns its projecting arm contacts them and current flows to the spark plugs
the dancers toes pointed outward
- be a signal for or a symptom of (syn: bespeak, betoken, indicate, signal)
- mark (Hebrew words) with diacritics
- mark with diacritics
- be positionable in a specified manner
- indicate the presence of (game) by standing and pointing with the muzzle
- repair the joints of bricks
She showed us several graphs to illustrate the point she was making.
I see your point, but I don't think everyone will agree.
There's no use in arguing the point.
He made a very good point about the need for change.
Let me make one final point.
That's the point I've been trying to make.
My point is simply that we must do something to help the homeless.
There are two critical points that I would like to discuss.
When I asked the child where his mother was, he pointed in the direction of the house.
She pointed her finger at the door.
They pointed their microphones in my direction.
We can leave when the minute hand points to 12.
Stand with your arms at your sides and your hands pointing downward.
The ship was pointing into the wind.
She made the point that further resistance was useless.
present participle: pointing
past tense: pointed
past participle: pointed
Please, register on our website at registration page. After registration you can log in and use that feature.